Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week 4?!


There's no way that week 4 of classes at Keele starts tomorrow!! I just got here?

Oh...my calendar says otherwise.

Anywho, there's one good thing that the rapidly passing time ensures: I am enjoying myself and actually living a life in the UK! Classes are cool, friends are awesome, and being independent is eye-opening and empowering! I even did my first load of sink-laundry! Now that's an important mark in a young woman's life!

This week was pretty nice! I'm getting to know my blockmates better, and I'm starting to make really close friends. Initially, I thought I would have a lot of free time, so I brought notebooks, video games, and books to occupy my time. However, now that I'm at the gym, meeting friends, and attending the occasional class (they're occasional because my schedule is so barren compared to the 7-course workload I have at Loyola) I find I really don't have much time to do a whole lot of those things! I'm sort of sad about this...I really want to start working on my novel more. However, I should make time for that and not write silly things such as this blog!

But then how would any of you cats back home know about my adventures?

See the dilemma I have!

Anywho, the best thing that came out of this week was somewhat solidifying Easter break plans. Guess who's going on a cruuuuuuise? ME! As most of you know, I feel most at home/peace/the brink of enlightenment when I'm at sea. Words cannot express how the ocean makes me feel, and a cruise (in my eyes) is simply the only way to travel! I originally wanted to do a Mediterranean cruise when I first looked into studying abroad. Now, I can find that dream turning into a reality, and I'm pretty PSYCHED! This break is going to turn more into the vacation I so desire!

Oh, another interesting thing: I sang in the church choir today. I was a bit rusty at first, but then I started throwing out some random harmonies and getting into the swing of things. People even noticed that there was a new girl (without visually noticing, of course!) and said that I sounded perdy :) that made my day! Speaking of music, I found a guy who has a left-handed Crafter...that's my guitar at home, folks. What are the ODDS?! I played his guitar a bit, and I had to fight back the urge of running away with it. It's an acoustic-electric version of the Crafter...Lauren knows what SHE'S saving up for this summer (after repaying all my debts to loved ones who have been funding this time abroad, of course!) The guy, Jack, said that I could use his guitar for folk night at KPA (post graduate bar at Keele) Folk night is kind of like an open mic night at a local pub/coffee house. I've got a few covers that I think they'd like to hear...can't wait for Thursday!

Saturday reminded me of how much fun a girls' day can be! My fellow E-blocker, Meghan; my friend Ana; and I went to Newcastle for some shopping. 80s night was that night, so we bought some funky clothes and accessories for the occasion! Then we started discussing Spring break plans (the cruise idea popped up then!) cooked pizza, and got ready! An all-girl (and one guy) pre-gaming session ensued, and then we all headed off to dance to some of the greatest tunes of the 20th century! I was applauded for knowing all the words to "London Calling" (and almost every other song for that matter) which I thought was funny, because that was the song I listened to when landing in London. I also got on stage for a dance-off to "Billie Jean." I did that one for my Uncle Charlie, who I miss dearly! I didn't win, but it was such a good night I didn't care (which shows you how great I thought that night was...I'm a pretty competitive person!) Saturday reminded me of all the good times I had with my girls, Kristi and Brittney, at the Republic! We MUST do that again when I come back!

Well, lots of good things happened this week! I hope next week is the same!

P.S. I did my wonderful VOICE for my blockmates. That's how comfortable I feel around them :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are doing so well. Sink Laundry, you got one on me, there! Glad you are fulfilling your dreams at the ripe age of 21. Who knows what the future will bring your way. The sky is the limit, or the sea in your case!

    ReplyDelete